Your email was sent successfully. Check your inbox.

An error occurred while sending the email. Please try again.

Proceed reservation?

Export
Filter
Collection
Keywords
Years
  • 1
    ISSN: 1573-2983
    Keywords: Air pollution ; mercury ; Idrija mine
    Source: Springer Online Journal Archives 1860-2000
    Topics: Geosciences , Medicine
    Notes: Abstract Idrija mine, the second largest mercury mine in the world, was in use since 1490. More than 107 000 tons of Hg were produced in its five centuries of history until 1990 when production was reduced to a few hundred kilos per year. The average recovery rate of mercury has been estimated to 73%; much of the remaining 27% was dissipated into the environment. In spite of present minimal levels of production, and only a few days of smelter operation per year, a real time survey with a mercury Zeeman analyser in a car showed relatively high mercury concentrations in the air. Amounts of 300--4000 ng Hg m-3 have been found around both the major sources of mercury vapour, the smelter and mine ventilation shaft -- while the amounts at the Old Place, at the City Museum, and near the Nikova-Idrijca confluence are of the order of 50 ng m-3. Polluted air will be transported from those sources to a degree which depends on the weather conditions, mainly the direction and intensity of the wind. The high mercury contents in the air are not only due to anthropogenic sources (smelter and the ventilation shaft, dumps and smelter slag used in construction), but may also partly be natural as in the Pront area, where the outcropping bedrock contains native mercury.
    Type of Medium: Electronic Resource
    Signatur Availability
    BibTip Others were also interested in ...
  • 2
    ISSN: 1439-0264
    Source: Blackwell Publishing Journal Backfiles 1879-2005
    Topics: Medicine
    Notes: The immunohistochemical study of chamois (Rupicapra rupicapra L.) skin showed that a limited number of available monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies expressed reactivity with skin cell components. These included cytokeratins, vimentin, desmin, neuron-specific enolase and S-100 protein with almost the same distribution pattern as already described in the skin of humans and animals. Antibodies used for labelling skin-associated lymphoid tissues and other cells with the immuno-logic function in human skin failed to demonstrate these cells in the chamois skin with the exception of LCA and OKT6 antibodies. Epidermal Langerhans cells were reliably demonstrated only by the enzyme histochemical method for adenosine triphosphatase, while the majority of mononuclear cells in dermal infiltrates showed a strong immunoreaction with OKT6 antibody. The histologic and histochemical analysis showed that the dermal infiltrations in infested skin consisted of macro-phages, lymphocytes, granulocytes, mastocytes and fibroblasts. The chamois skin affected with sarcoptes mange showed a significant loss of cytokeratins in the epidermis and its derivatives. Particular keratinocytes showing nonspecific staining with several antibodies were also described and discussed in this paper.
    Type of Medium: Electronic Resource
    Signatur Availability
    BibTip Others were also interested in ...
Close ⊗
This website uses cookies and the analysis tool Matomo. More information can be found here...